Monday, April 3, 2017

Catcher Chapters 20-24

Catcher Chapters 20-24

DO NOW:  Take the reading quiz in socrative

LEARNING TARGET: I will understand that the Mr. Antolini scene is ambiguous.

LOOK FORS: I will know that I have hit the learning target when:
  • I can give some evidence from the book that Mr. A is doing something inappropriate.
  • I can give some evidence from the book that Holden has misinterpreted the situation.
  • I can explain why this situation is so upsetting for Holden, regardless of Mr. A’s intentions.

AGENDA:
  1. DO NOW - Reading quiz on 23-24. When done, please read silently
  2. Lit circles
  3. Group Discussions
    1. Select roles
    2. Prompt for 23-24: Mr. Antolini: The scene with Mr. Antolini is ambiguous, and often confusing for students. Is Mr. A doing something inappropriate? Or, has Holden misinterpreted the situation? Come up with evidence (quotes) and an argument for both sides.
  4. Summarizer: self-evaluation

HW:  Please read chapters 25-26 (to the end!) & complete your assigned lit circle responsibility

No comments:

Post a Comment