Thursday, April 13, 2017

Catcher Essay 2

DO NOW: Please open “Catcher Essay." Read the directions and materials for steps 4-6.

LEARNING TARGET: I will be able to complete my essay outline.

LOOK FORS: I will know that I have hit the learning target when:
  • I understand steps 4-6
  • I know how to use the materials in the packet to complete my outline.

AGENDA:
  1. DO NOW
  2. Discuss steps 4-6:
    • 4: Gathering details
    • 5: Organizing details into supporting ideas
    • 6: Writing topic sentences
  1. Outline working time/Teacher writing conference time
  2. Summarizer

HW: Work on your outline: revise your thesis statement as needed; add supporting quotations until you have at least 10-12 in your list; then, organize your details into three groups of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment