Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Catcher Essay 1

DO NOW:  Please take a copy of the “Catcher Essay” packet and read through the first few pages.

LEARNING TARGET: I will have a strong start to my essay outline.

LOOK FORS: I will know that I have hit the learning target when:
  • I have chosen an essay topic that I am interested in and understand.
  • I have used the checklist to self-evaluate my thesis statement.
  • I know how to find good supporting details for my essay.

AGENDA:
  1. DO NOW:
  2. Activator: Review essay process - what are the 11 steps?
  3. “Catcher Essay” - Review and discuss steps 1-4
  4. Student working time:
    • Step 2: Choose your topic
    • Create a new document in Google Drive called “Catcher Essay”
    • Step 3: Write your thesis statement
    • Get your thesis statement approved by Ms. Santiago (via email!)
    • Begin Step 4: collect supporting evidence

  5. Summarizer: check look-fors

HW: Create a document in Drive called “Catcher Essay.” In your essay document, type your name and your thesis statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment