Friday, April 14, 2017

Catcher Essay 3

DO NOW: In Socrative, please list the three body paragraph topics.

LEARNING TARGET: I will be able to write good topic sentences.


LOOK FORS: I will know that I have hit the learning target when:
  • I know what my organizational method is.
  • I know what my glue words are.
  • I know how each group of quotes supports my thesis statement.


AGENDA:
  1. DO NOW
  2. Review organizational methods, problems & solutions-- what goes in a body paragraph?
  3. Review Essay Process Step 6: Topic Sentences
  4. Outline self-evaluation checklist
  5. Summarizer: Check look-fors

HW: Revise your outline: revise your thesis statement, supporting details, and topic sentences as needed.  Draft THE FIRST BODY PARAGRAPH FOR MONDAY, APRIL 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment